Our social objectives
- Help galgos that are in dire straits and find them suitable homes.
- Work to change laws and improve the level of protection of pets.
- Educate and sensitize people about how wonderful the galgo is as a companion animal.
- Encourage charitable actions by the general public, involving people so that everyone can do their bit to make the world a better place for animals in need.
SOS Galgos in action
1. Rescue retired galgos and other domestic animals in situations of commercial, sports or abandonment, to bring them to safety and offer them shelter for however long needed until they are suitably rehomed.
2. Provide the health, welfare and veterinary assistance conditions to galgos and other domestic animals awaiting adoption.
3. Promote the adoption of galgos and other domestic animals to qualified persons.
4. Provide support and continuing education to owners of galgos and other domestic animals.
5. Strive to make the public aware of the availability and interest of galgos as companion animals and inform the public of their abusive situation.
6. Increase public awareness of the needs of companion animals, and the importance of responsible ownership to promote animal welfare in general.
7. Promote the interaction between people with physical or mental disabilities and galgos.
8. Raise awareness among the public and pay regular visits to schools, hospitals, nursing homes and other centres for galgos to take part in Pet Therapy programs.
9. Promote informative activities in society, educating it with values of respect for animals in general, and raise awareness of the need to protect them.
10. Promote and participate in regulatory projects related to the protection and welfare of companion animals.